Swag! Baltimore Comic-Con 2018 Edition

This year, Baltimore Comic-Con was very heavy on the comics swag for me–as it should be for a show with so many comic creators and newer publishers breaking out new wares. But I was also on the hunt for some older material, as you’ll see below.

Let’s break that down a little. There’s a new Edgar Allan Poe adaptation by Frank Reynoso on top there and a significant haul of old Heavy Metal Magazines. There’s also the new 120 Anthology, “stories about social justice”, the proceeds of which benefit the ACLU. There’s the new Spencer & Locke which is coming up, and I snagged the original minicomic for The Green Monk, which is now a full graphic novel from Image Comics.

There are a number of comics from the First Law of Mad Science guys, who you’ll also see in our Artist’s Alley photogallery. But let’s not forget new publisher AHOY Comics, who had a booth this year, and their new book The Wrong Earth. Valiant was handing out a new Fall preview book for their “Beyond” titles, and I got a “gold” variant of Faith #1 which is highly collectible.

To the far right side here, I finally picked up a trade edition of Warlords of Appalachia from Boom! Studios and got writer Phillip Kennedy Johnson to sign it for me. Awesome. You’ll notice on the furthest right, a new ashcan from brand-new publisher Cave Pictures Comics. I’ll definitely be checking this out with interest.

Lastly, I’m one for the enamel pins, so I sought out some old-school horror looking ones and am super happy with my finds. That tiny Mister Miracle is drawn and painted by Philadelphia-based artist David Proch, my tiniest original art haul of Baltimore Comic-Con.

A pretty substantial haul for me at a show with a huge amount to offer!



from Comics – COMICON https://ift.tt/2OpCWfp

Comments